Gun show finds worth the admission?

Discuss any gun show related news, coupons, events, etc here. Make sure to include details and links.
thom
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: Gun show finds worth the admission?

Post by thom »

Discount memberships and renewals for Arizona Citizens Defense League.

smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

I don't go to gun shows for deals. I go for entertainment and cameraderie.
I went to the Gun Radio show yesterday, at the "Arya" banquet hall near Mesa Community College. Small show. Met a couple of friends. We walked around and saw and handled some cool things, for example, new S&W side-folding 9mm carbine, a response (and improvement) to the Kel-Tec top folder. Cool little gun. Saw and handled a Marlin 39 .22 takedown, in amazing like-new condition. Saw a nicely tricked-out Steyr AUG. Saw a great price on pre-owned plates/carrier, but I already have decent armor, so passed on it. Ammo prices were not great. There was a magazine seller there, but did not have the mag I was looking for (S&W M&P Compact .40). Didn't buy anything, but had a good time window-shopping and hanging out with my buddies.
At the last Mesa Centennial show, I found a box of old Shelbyville Super Vel 9mm, for which I have no use, so it's taking up space in my house now. Saw some guys that I know, and that I rarely see except at gun shows. After walking the show, friends and I went over to the sports bar across the street and had burgers, and talked about stuff.
To me, a gun show is not about buying or selling. It's an enjoyable social occasion, chance to hang out with shooting friends, and cheaper than Taylor Swift tickets.
Hedley lamarr 23

Post by Hedley lamarr 23 »

Yes sir...I don't go very often to buy something specific.but..it is usually a nice social gathering with a few good friends