Gun show finds worth the admission?

Discuss any gun show related news, coupons, events, etc here. Make sure to include details and links.
kenpoprofessor
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Gun show finds worth the admission?

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Some people still believe they can find some fantastic deals at the gun shows, so, here's a thread to show them off. The SAR show is coming, with a huge entrance fee, and some say it's worth it to go for what you might find. So, I'm expecting a butt ton of deals you found with evidence you made good there, but, post what you've found in the last 5 years that was worth the time and money to attend.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde

cool arrow

Re: Gun show finds worth the admission?

Post by cool arrow »

the last great gun deal that I got at a Phx show was with you...that Glock conversion slide and mags.

otherwise, I haven't gotten any great deals to offset the price of admission.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

cool arrow wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 10:25 am the last great gun deal that I got at a Phx show was with you...that Glock conversion slide and mags.

otherwise, I haven't gotten any great deals to offset the price of admission.
Yea, it wasn't a "great" deal, but that thing sure is fun. I finally got one for my 19, and it sits on a white Polymer80 frame.

Clyde
omegaman

Post by omegaman »

There was a stellite a6 Barrel in the SAR building for $180 that was a good deal.
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

I found some really awesome deals on turkey jerky, crystal figurines, and big fat guys blocking the aisles…..
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

"Huge entrance fee" lol. Go be cheap and curmudgeonly somewhere else.

$30 for parking+ticket is a inexpensive afternoon on people watching, beef jerkey eating, and gun browsing. I sold several items that have been sitting in my safe for a long time. No other place exists where thousands of people can see your 'for sale' signs at once.
omegaman

Post by omegaman »

That Guy wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 12:10 pm I found some really awesome deals on turkey jerky, crystal figurines, and big fat guys blocking the aisles…..
You could have ask me to move!
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

QuietM4 wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 12:35 pm "Huge entrance fee" lol. Go be cheap and curmudgeonly somewhere else.

$30 for parking+ticket is a inexpensive afternoon on people watching, beef jerkey eating, and gun browsing. I sold several items that have been sitting in my safe for a long time. No other place exists where thousands of people can see your 'for sale' signs at once.

So, you found a market for your throw away stuff?? And yes, other places do exist to sell your wares, I look at plenty every day, and buy when it's a good, or even great price. Hell, I can find most anything I need at a super price on Fleabay. I don't have to deal with the idjits flagging me with the "unloaded" weapons, no fat guys blocking aisles, or dealing with folks who are just so proud of their SKS they want $900 for a beat up Yugo.

Clyde
rbking

Post by rbking »

Passed on what looked like, a NIB Model 46 on Fri. They are few and far between, and I was sorely tempted. $1,300 was the price, which was more than fair, but I just walked away.

Another one that I will regret passing on.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Wow 30 bucks for parking and entrance? It's been longer than I thought since I've been to a SAR show.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Got a barrel for my Danny, a decent air-rifle deal, one good pistol deal, and passed on two others. May try for a P80 AFT if it's still there today, then hit YOU up for the A-part. :mrgreen: Lunch? ;)
brandyspaw

Post by brandyspaw »

Gun shows for current production guns are a waste but I have to say, on occasion, I've found good deals on an older, pre-lock S&W revolver at a gun show. However, its usually seems to be at one of those small town gun shows, like Wickenburg, Kingman, etc.

Its never a "fantastic" deal but its sometimes a better deal than from a LGS or from Gunbroker. On occasion, some hard to find stuff comes out of the woodwork at those smaller, local shows and the older Smith revolvers just don't seem to show up at gun shops much anymore.
SupportTheSecond

Post by SupportTheSecond »

Mine were back in the day with 70.00 SKS's and crates of ammo for next to nothing.
Isnake

Post by Isnake »

SupportTheSecond wrote: December 4th, 2022, 9:17 am Mine were back in the day with 70.00 SKS's and crates of ammo for next to nothing.
My son and I just had this conversation! I remember when he was 10 telling me we needed to buy pallets of ak ammo, pallets of mosins and mosin ammo. From the mouths of babes….
Harley66

Post by Harley66 »

Way back in the Day when Calif was a Free State. I worked (part time) on All City Ambulance in Stockton CA. My partners mother had a shop and a FFL / we would buy out of Shotgun news / go si Sacramento Gun show / sale PP2PP / Legal in the 70’s.
That all changed when in 1980 at the Turlock Fire Dept (My first year) gat a call phonecall one Morning - picked up the Phone. Indiana State Tropper, seems my litt Detonics 45 was involved in a high profile Murder??? All he wanted from me - Who did I sell it too?? Told him the current law allowed P2P & no paperwork.