Crossroads at the Fairgrounds

Discuss any gun show related news, coupons, events, etc here. Make sure to include details and links.
cool arrow
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Crossroads at the Fairgrounds

Post by cool arrow »

So a co-worker was talking about going to the show this weekend, and I looked at the website...

$20 + $2 fee = $22 for admission??!!??

I understand that a ticket gets you all 3 days, but damn...that's alot to pay to get in PLUS parking...

kenpoprofessor

Re: Crossroads at the Fairgrounds

Post by kenpoprofessor »

I haven't seen the value of going to a gunshow for many years. I've assembled many firearms that all parts were ordered online, and many of them had free shipping and no tax. For that price, I could buy a box of ammo and go shoot.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
thom

Post by thom »

If you are a member of AZCDL just remember you can volunteer to work a booth and get in free.
omegaman

Post by omegaman »

If you have never been it is huge worth the $22 to me.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

While I agree that $20 plus the $8-$10 parking fee is a little steep, this is the gun show to go to. If you need to sell or buy something it's a small price to pay, and there are deals to be had at the SAR Show.
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

Well, IF you are going to a gunshow this is the one to attend. It’s about the only gunshow reminiscent of the old pre-Roberti-Roos “Great Western” Pomona gunshows at the LA County fairgrounds. For me the SAR building justifies the high admission price. But having said that, in my experience, having had a table(s) at that particular show in every building there (and outside), a lot people going to that show don’t know the SAR building is part of that gunshow. Fr’instance many is the time I’ve had a table in the SAR building and noticed that when I walked over to the “main” buildings there were TWICE as many people in the aisles. It literally got to the point I stopped getting a table in the SAR building because the location didn’t justify the higher table price and lack of foot traffic.

On another note as long as Crossroads has a de facto monopoly and stranglehold on Phoenix gunshows those sky high admission prices will continue to climb.
Feal

Post by Feal »

Went there today- I think I went to this same show 10+ years ago, when they had a bunch of military displays as well as a whole building of class 3/transferables. This was pretty disappointing. Saw a handful of transferables, lot more surplus and parts then a usual show and a lot of the same stuff. There were a couple of tables with older smiths and colts, but they were really proud of their stuff. Ended up with a scandium framed smith and should have bought an older repro m1 paratrooper stock at 125 but passed on. Was tempted by 2 no dash 610’s and an unfired Hudson 9 - all were priced at 1200
Last edited by Feal on December 2nd, 2022, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

Feal wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 4:33 pm Went there today- I think I went to this same show 10+ years ago, when they had a bunch of military displays as well as a whole building of class 3/transferables. This was pretty disappointing. Saw a handful of transferables, lot more surplus and parts then a usual show and a lot of the same stuff. There were a couple of tables with older smiths and colts, but they were really proud of their stuff. Ended up with a scandium framed smith and should have bought an older repro m1 paratrooper stock at 125 but passed on. Was tempted by 2 no dash 610’s and an unfired Hudson 9 - all were priced at 1200

Glad I've already made plans for this weekend.

Have a great, gun carryin', Kenpo day

Clyde
hrob

Post by hrob »

That Guy wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 2:03 pm Well, IF you are going to a gunshow this is the one to attend. It’s about the only gunshow reminiscent of the old pre-Roberti-Roos “Great Western” Pomona gunshows at the LA County fairgrounds. For me the SAR building justifies the high admission price. But having said that, in my experience, having had a table(s) at that particular show in every building there (and outside), a lot people going to that show don’t know the SAR building is part of that gunshow. Fr’instance many is the time I’ve had a table in the SAR building and noticed that when I walked over to the “main” buildings there were TWICE as many people in the aisles. It literally got to the point I stopped getting a table in the SAR building because the location didn’t justify the higher table price and lack of foot traffic.

On another note as long as Crossroads has a de facto monopoly and stranglehold on Phoenix gunshows those sky high admission prices will continue to climb.
Oooh! So you're familiar with the Pomona Gunshows at the LA County Fairgrounds! And Pre-Roberti-Roos gunshows at that. That was a long time ago so how would you know that if you weren't originally from a "blue state"? You know, like you implied on a different thread that since I probably moved from a "blue state" that I was somehow inferior? "PS-You recently joined this forum and claim to live in Prescott. I’ll go out on a limb here and guess that you recently moved to Arizona from some “blue” state." Remember that? https://www.arizonashooting.org/forum/v ... 31&t=16346

You're not only an intellectual coward, you're a disingenuous coward to boot.
samnev

Post by samnev »

I quite going to the show about 5 years ago because it seemed to me I was, for the most part seeing the same venders with the same inflated prices. While the SAR building was great it just wasn't a big enough lure to over come the expense of the show entry fee, parking and the gas (I lived in Prescott at the time) cost. Just my opinion. YMMV
Last edited by samnev on February 4th, 2023, 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
campinginaz

Post by campinginaz »

I'd say if you have never gone to a gun show, this is the one to go to. Lots of cool stuff to look at.

I agree though the deals can be hard to find but often there are people walking around with signs selling stuff. There used to be OK deals on ammo but I'm not sure if that is the case any more.

I've bought sold and traded at this show but I have not been in 5+ years or so.
Yellowcarbon

Post by Yellowcarbon »

If you are looking for one thing in specific and expect a bargain, you will be disappointed at most gun shows. If you have a big range of interest and know what to look for, you can always find a deal or two. You do have to keep an eye out and pounce if you see it. I have passed up deal looking around only to come back and see it gone.
Granadog210
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Granadog210 »

Best gun show that I have attended in this area.

Most of the time its the same vendors.

Last time I was here they opened a new hall and called it something like "Collectibles/Antiques" but it was the same vendors just moved around. The main halls had a lot of empty spaces created by moving people over to the Collectibles/Antiques building.

Go figure....but I will be there tomorrow
Casswick

Post by Casswick »

Then add parking....

I park across the street for $5 and a 10min walk. There are other areas you can park for free down Grand Ave. if you dont mind walking a 1/4 mile.

Tip: Check out Grand Avenue Brewing Company just down the street after the show. The owner is very pro 2A and based AF.