Rio Salado Swap Meet 19 November 2022

Discuss any gun show related news, coupons, events, etc here. Make sure to include details and links.
muta4warrior
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Rio Salado Swap Meet 19 November 2022

Post by muta4warrior »

Rio Salado just posted the swap meet to the calendar for 19 November (this is a one day only swap meet). It will be in the big building just to the left of the main range as you are driving up.

Jay Gee

Re: Rio Salado Swap Meet 19 November 2022

Post by Jay Gee »

Do you need to be a member of the club to participate?
muta4warrior

Post by muta4warrior »

Jay Gee wrote: November 6th, 2022, 1:24 pm Do you need to be a member of the club to participate?
No, it is open to the public to attend. Parking and entry is free.
Jay Gee

Post by Jay Gee »

Thanks
Lobo2087

Post by Lobo2087 »

Do you need to register to bring something for swap/sell
baja

Post by baja »

It's a really small show.
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

muta4warrior wrote: October 27th, 2022, 9:02 am Rio Salado just posted the swap meet to the calendar for 19 November (this is a one day only swap meet). It will be in the big building just to the left of the main range as you are driving up.
It won’t be any fun going unless over-weight range safety officers make up imaginary rules and yell at people for violating them.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Note, for all who may plan on a visit to the next one. You will have at least a hundred yards or more to walk from parking to the building. Vendors have every single possible spot near the building. They do not allow you to bring in GUNS to walk-around with to sell. You can only enter/browse with non-gun items. If you want to sell even one gun, you must buy a table. One guy said they offered him a table for just $5, but he wanted to walk the event, and leave....not be 'stuck' at a table. It began to peter-out after noon, and by 3pm, the last of us were packing-up.
thom

Post by thom »

Phoenix Rod and Gun had one yesterday also. Maybe 50 rifle benches that were used for sellers. No fee that I knew of. I took a rifle to trade or sell and set it down on an open bench for about 20 minutes after I walked around with it and a sign for sale. No problems there.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Yes, I did PRG's earlier this year. MUCH, much smaller event. It's a shame that the two were done on the same day. Perhaps someone could coordinate better in the future. It would be neat to have E.side/W.side a week apart and be able to patronize both.
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

pneuby wrote: November 20th, 2022, 1:57 am Note, for all who may plan on a visit to the next one. You will have at least a hundred yards or more to walk from parking to the building. Vendors have every single possible spot near the building. They do not allow you to bring in GUNS to walk-around with to sell. You can only enter/browse with non-gun items. If you want to sell even one gun, you must buy a table. One guy said they offered him a table for just $5, but he wanted to walk the event, and leave....not be 'stuck' at a table. It began to peter-out after noon, and by 3pm, the last of us were packing-up.
That’s total BS and just what I’d expect from Rio Salado.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

I didn't attend this time, but my friend did. He was told upon entering that he could not walk around with a gun for sale...but that he could walk around with a 'for sale' sign. Odd...that is definitely a new rule. About 20 minutes later, another Rio RO told him he couldn't have the sign. At that point, he left. It was never going to be a big show....you can walk around it in less than 20 minutes. I've had a table at the show previously, and there were no such rules against walking around with a gun for sale...in fact I bought a gun from a guy who was walking around the show with a rifle for sale.

Rio needs to get their s*** together, in general. This latest swap meet just goes to further show the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing...and the feet are doing something completely different. I'm glad I bought a PRGC membership instead of renewing my Rio membership.
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

QuietM4 wrote: November 20th, 2022, 1:12 pm I didn't attend this time, but my friend did. He was told upon entering that he could not walk around with a gun for sale...but that he could walk around with a 'for sale' sign. Odd...that is definitely a new rule. About 20 minutes later, another Rio RO told him he couldn't have the sign. At that point, he left. It was never going to be a big show....you can walk around it in less than 20 minutes. I've had a table at the show previously, and there were no such rules against walking around with a gun for sale...in fact I bought a gun from a guy who was walking around the show with a rifle for sale.

Rio needs to get their s*** together, in general. This latest swap meet just goes to further show the right hand has no idea what the left hand is doing...and the feet are doing something completely different. I'm glad I bought a PRGC membership instead of renewing my Rio membership.
I would’ve pretty bet money sh!t like that would happen. Rio Salado is kinda a small town in the Deep South where the cops make up ad hoc rules for any outsider passing through their community. I’ve been shooting out there since Black Canyon was taken over by Game and Fish and their RO’s became outa control. I dunno what’s happened but in the last seven years it seems the only screening prerequisite to be a range officer at Rio Salado is to be an arrogant douche bag with a double digit IQ. Fr’instance I had a Magpul pistol grip on an AK which a that lid in the bottom of the grip so you could store things inside. At the one minute warning I removed the magazine, cleared the action, stuck one of those big yellow plastic safety flags in the chamber, and laid the rifle on its left side exposing the ejection port.

The cease fire was called, the RO’s began walking the line and the next thing I know an RO is standing behind my table yelling at me that I hadn’t cleared my rifle, “IT IS CLEAR!” I replied.

“NO IT’s NOT! YOU DIDN’T REMOVE THE MAGAZINE!”

Confused, I walked over to my table, “What magazine? There’s no mag in my rifle?”

“YOU GIVE ME ANY MORE SH!T AND I’LL HAVE YOU THROWN OFF THIS RANGE!”

Now I’m more than a little miffed, “FOR WHAT!?”

“FOR NOT REMOVING THE MAGAZINE OUT OF YOU RIFLE!”

“WHAT MAGAZINE? WHERE!?”

The RO pointed at the base of my pistol grip, “THIS MAGAZINE *SSHOLE!”

I started laughing, “They hired YOU to be a “range safety officer” and you don’t know how an AK works! That’s a pistol grip NOT the magazine well but you go ahead and try to remove that “magazine”.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

That Guy, I would've spoken with the HMFIC right then and there, and followed-up with an email just to be sure. What an ARSE-hat!
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

pneuby wrote: November 25th, 2022, 1:24 pm That Guy, I would've spoken with the HMFIC right then and there, and followed-up with an email just to be sure. What an ARSE-hat!
I did-to no effect. Rio Salado just doesn’t give a sh!t anymore. I don’t know exactly what dynamic changed out there but around five years ago the place started swirling around the drain. The head RO on duty was told by the RO that I’d been “combative” and the head RO took his side. I sent an email to the head rangemaster and president but never received a reply. In fact for about two months after that I noticed that RO’s spent far more time scrutinizing me when I shot than other shooters. It was to the point one RO was so intent on observing my shooting that he failed to see a guy two tables over who had an ND with his .38 revolver who put a round into the deck! Now I’ve been a member of RSSC for around 25years (even when I was on active duty) and on the two occasions I had an issue with an RO I wrote a letter, sent it to the head rangemaster and president, the RO’s were counseled. One time an RO was given his notice and the other time an RO was told his contract with RSSC wouldn’t be renewed. It’s really too bad because Rio is one of the best ranges in the country-it’s just staffed by Barney Fifes who are trying to channel Inspector Harry Callahan.