Whoa! ND heard at today's Crossroads

Discuss any gun show related news, coupons, events, etc here. Make sure to include details and links.
pneuby
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Whoa! ND heard at today's Crossroads

Post by pneuby »

I was one aisle east of it, and half a length up, probably less than a hundred feet. I would've SWORN it was a .22LR.

I approached the offending dealer, who was by then being questioned by the DPS detail cops. 'Twas a 9mm out of a CZ Skorpion pistol length....into the ceiling.

Dealer claims customer approached table about a trade, and hands over the CZ. Action was zip-tied, indicating it'd been seen-to by the jokers at the entrance. Dealer points toward ceiling to "check the trigger"....and BANG. For about 2 secs, it was like E.F. Hutton had spoken.

Approached one of the Troopers a bit later and inquired. He said that they were required to submit a report of 'reckless endangerment' (his words). No doubt dealer will face some follow-up with the detectives. However, he said that ejecting said dealer was up to the promoter. Shortly after, I went back in to see if the dealer was still there, and he was, transacting a receipt for a sale.

Suck My Glock

Re: Whoa! ND heard at today's Crossroads

Post by Suck My Glock »

If you spend enough time around guns, its not if, but when.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Kudos to the man who pointed that “checked” rifle in a safe direction while performing his own inspection.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

DevilDocAZ wrote: February 27th, 2022, 12:18 pm Kudos to the man who pointed that “checked” rifle in a safe direction while performing his own inspection.
So inspecting a rifle is to point it at the ceiling and pull the trigger ?
Last edited by Ballistic Therapy on February 27th, 2022, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ballistic Therapy

Post by Ballistic Therapy »

>
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ballistic Therapy wrote: February 27th, 2022, 1:38 pm
DevilDocAZ wrote: February 27th, 2022, 12:18 pm Kudos to the man who pointed that “checked” rifle in a safe direction while performing his own inspection.
So inspecting a rifle is to point it at the ceiling and pull the trigger ?
Better than at your own foot.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Yep. Guy should have peeked into the chamber best he could with the ziptie, before pulling the trigger. But at least he didn't point it into the crowd or (as noted) at his own foot. That's why we have Rule Two, because so many unintentional shootings happen with guns that are not quite as unloaded as believed.

But I thought they ran the zipties through the chamber. He must have removed the ziptie to "try the trigger." If he did that without inspecting the chamber, then yeah, dumbass who was lucky he pointed it up instead of out.
Last edited by smithers599 on February 28th, 2022, 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Who kill me.......
mtptwo

Post by mtptwo »

pneuby wrote: February 26th, 2022, 5:04 pm ... For about 2 secs, it was like E.F. Hutton had spoken....
You're old. At least as old as me.
That Guy

Post by That Guy »

Making law abiding free citizens to unload their firearms and zip tie them, thus tendering them inoperable-however temporary, is a violation of our 2A rights! It is no different than forcing people to wear face masks in a grocery store or restaurant.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

I went back Sunday. The guy who cleared the gun was a Mesa cop who always works the Mesa show. He and another 'inspector' at the table said the gun had been re-tied sometime after its owner entered the show. Why some jack-bag would be chambering a live round inside the show is beyond me, Perhaps a case of , "OH yeah, the mag works great. SEE?"
mtptwo wrote: February 28th, 2022, 12:54 pm
Yeah, rub it in! :dance:
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

That Guy wrote: March 1st, 2022, 10:30 am Making law abiding free citizens to unload their firearms and zip tie them, thus tendering them inoperable-however temporary, is a violation of our 2A rights! It is no different than forcing people to wear face masks in a grocery store or restaurant.
Yup. Concealed means concealed. Exception for guns that are for sale, but I assume those are loaded, too, no matter how many assurances I get that "It's OK; it's not loaded."
Cmoor

Post by Cmoor »

pneuby wrote: March 1st, 2022, 10:43 am I went back Sunday. The guy who cleared the gun was a Mesa cop who always works the Mesa show. He and another 'inspector' at the table said the gun had been re-tied sometime after its owner entered the show. Why some jack-bag would be chambering a live round inside the show is beyond me, Perhaps a case of , "OH yeah, the mag works great. SEE?"
mtptwo wrote: February 28th, 2022, 12:54 pm
Yeah, rub it in! :dance:
Yes, I am sure they said it was "cleared and someone re-tied it"... Maybe they had to shift the blame off themselves... Of course the Jack wagon who owned the gun is equally at fault as is the dip stick who pulled the trigger... Was the dealer named Baldwin by any chancee?
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

I actually believe the cop was probably correct. He's an enthusiast himself, and working the shows is like being paid to shop, LOL.
Az desert rat 1

Post by Az desert rat 1 »

Gun safety rule #1. Treat EVERY firearm as if it were LOADED.