Rio Salado Swap Meet Oct 23

Discuss any gun show related news, coupons, events, etc here. Make sure to include details and links.
QuietM4
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Rio Salado Swap Meet Oct 23

Post by QuietM4 »

Rio Salado has rescheduled (finally) their Swap Meet for October 23, 9a-4p. They haven't done a lot to get the word out, so I thought some of you might want to check it out. There are 110 tables, not a huge show, but some good deals to be had.
Last edited by QuietM4 on October 18th, 2021, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

792mauser

Re: Rio Salado Swap Meet Oct 23

Post by 792mauser »

Good to know
Flash

Post by Flash »

They don't get the word out because they've got the most incompetent Range Manager I've ever seen in a shooting range.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Yeah...they don't seem to really have it "together" sometimes...but it is a nice outdoor range that's close to home.

They don't use any social media to post anything...their last FB post was from March of last year...and the only way I know they rescheduled the swap meet, that was supposed to happen April 2020, was that they called me last month to see if I still wanted to tables I paid for in December of 2019.

I was at the main range a few days ago, and there wasn't a single sign or poster about the upcoming swap meet....so I don't have high hopes of a great turnout, thus my post about it here. Hopefully people know about it...I've got some good stuff sitting in my gun room that needs new homes.
Flash

Post by Flash »

They've even pretty much quit turning out their own newsletter to members since they got the new Range Manager.

When Billy Lagusis ran it, they didn't have these problems. Hopefully they'll get rid of this guy come January.
Jack Dupp

Post by Jack Dupp »

Is it free or is there a cover charge?
Flash

Post by Flash »

Free to buyers.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

Jack Dupp wrote: October 18th, 2021, 7:13 am Is it free or is there a cover charge?
Free admission, free parking. 110 tables, 9am-4pm. Normal gun show rules apply...no loaded firearms, no loose ammo, etc.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

I just now called. The chickee that responded said that it will be open to the public to BUY. All chances to buy a table are gone. She confirmed that you can walk around with your own guns to sell, after ziptied at the entry as with any show. There is NO admittance fee.
300mag

Post by 300mag »

This is from the email that they send me

Rio Salado Sportsman's Club will hold a swap meet on Saturday, October 23rd in the Outdoor Education and Training Center (OETC). The OETC is building number 140 on the map. Click HERE for a map of the range or see below!

The 110 vendor tables are all spoken for. Set up for vendors only will take place from 7AM until 9AM. Doors will then open to the public from 9AM until 4PM. Outdoor items including hunting, fishing, shooting sports, ammo, and firearms etc. will be for sale, trade, and give-a-way. There are no admission or parking fees.

All standard gun show rules will apply. No loaded weapons allowed. All guns will have zip ties applied. No loose ammo allowed. Range Safety Officers will be on site to check guns at the entry doors and throughout the show area. Bills of sale on firearms transactions are required with proof of AZ citizenship documented.
Flash

Post by Flash »

They require a bill of sale on firearms transactions? By demanding that, they became the only gun show in Arizona requiring a Bill Of Sale.

I'd strongly advise everyone to go to a gun show, any gun show, where they don't do California rules rather than go to this one.
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Post by AZ_Five56 »

Flash wrote: October 20th, 2021, 11:09 am They require a bill of sale on firearms transactions? By demanding that, they became the only gun show in Arizona requiring a Bill Of Sale.

I'd strongly advise everyone to go to a gun show, any gun show, where they don't do California rules rather than go to this one.
I 100% agree. Mandating bills of sales is a big move in the wrong direction for a gun show.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

yeah, u can generally tell whose from another comi state, when they ask for a BOS, couple other sites i sometimes frequent, are overwhelmed with neophytes, who bring their commi shiat to the Free State of Arizona
just a matter of time before that may not be true, i'm a hoping though,
Rj
kenpoprofessor

Post by kenpoprofessor »

AZ_Five56 wrote: October 20th, 2021, 11:58 am
Flash wrote: October 20th, 2021, 11:09 am They require a bill of sale on firearms transactions? By demanding that, they became the only gun show in Arizona requiring a Bill Of Sale.

I 100% agree. Mandating bills of sales is a big move in the wrong direction for a gun show.

Does it stipulate the language to be used in/on the bill of sale? If not, you could write "hey, I bought this gun from you, put an X and be done.

Have a great, gun carryin, Kenpo day

Clyde
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

It’s not a “gun show”. It’s a swap meet…more like a garage sale.

Yes, “requiring” a BOS is stupid, but I don’t see how this is enforceable. It would be like AZ trying to enforce sales tax collection at a neighborhood garage sale. Impossible.