Rio Salado Swap Meet Oct 23

Discuss any gun show related news, coupons, events, etc here. Make sure to include details and links.
AZ_Five56
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Bronze Supporter

Re: Rio Salado Swap Meet Oct 23

Post by AZ_Five56 »

The difference between a gun show and a swap meet is all semantics, at least in my mind. Yes, you could strike a deal with someone and then walk out to the parking lot to do the exchange. I don't know if they're actually overseeing the details on the BOS in any way or if you could say you sold a gun to "the guy in the blue hat" kind of like Clyde mentions, but I would choose not to partake based on my principles. Not that there should be any shame for anyone who does go. I hate doing the whole BOS thing, but I've signed a few here and there over guns that I felt like I couldn't pass up. Requiring it is what bothers me so much.

Flash
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Post by Flash »

I exchanged emails with the President of Rio Salado and he made it pretty obvious that he's an arrogant egomaniac and that he's not interested in anyone else's opinion of how he runs the range.

I did texts with another Rio Salado officer who also thought a BOS was an "advisable" thing to do.

Rio has said they'll have some of their Range Officers milling around at the show "to make sure all the guns are zip tied" and maybe they're the ones who will enforce the BOS.

It' step 1 on the way to radical gun control. The only reason I'd go to the Rio show is to look at guns as I don't need components or ammo, but now I won't be going.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

ditto, why subject yourself to a requirement of idiots
rj
muta4warrior

Post by muta4warrior »

My buddy and I have 2 tables. With the whole BoS thing we decided not to bring anything with serial numbers this time. We decided to just bring all of our stuff/junk that is not really worth the cost of a Crossroads table.
thom

Post by thom »

Bill of Sale Requirement equals No Show. And shove it up your AZZ rio rangers. I am glad that I finally read their commiefornia rules here today.
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

The place is packed. No one is enforcing the BOS.
Flash

Post by Flash »

QuietM4 wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 8:51 am The place is packed. No one is enforcing the BOS.
Maybe sanity prevailed among the ruling class at Rio.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

I got one solid deal on a shooter. Old-timer apologized and said the mgmt wants him to do the BOS. All he did was check my DL and write down my name. I don't care. Less intrusive than a 4473, no biggie. Got a smattering of other goodies, too. Grips and mags. There was certainly other nice deals on the guns, just not things I had-to-have, LOL.
coltnut

Post by coltnut »

I went,have to say there were many good deals to be found.I picked up some .38 Super ammo at $10 per box of 50.New Meggar 10rd 9mm 1911 mags for $15 each.New 18 rd Canik mags $15 each.7mmMauser ammo 20rd box $10 each.VooDoo Tactical backpack $20.Etc.....ran out of cash or would have bought more stuff...
Good swap meet.
muta4warrior

Post by muta4warrior »

Was a really good buying show. Picked up a complete RL450 for $100 that has the upgraded priming system and powder measure, basicly a rl550 with a fixed toolhead. I'll drop a set of Dillon 30-06 dies on it beings it already came with a #1 shellplate.