Phoenix Crossroads show, April 16-18

Discuss any gun show related news, coupons, events, etc here. Make sure to include details and links.
Slater
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Phoenix Crossroads show, April 16-18

Post by Slater »

Haven't been to a gun show in 5 years or so. Thinking about going to this show just to look around, as I know that prices are going to be inflated (especially in the current political environment).

Historically, the three-day show (Small Arms Review) was in December. Is this April thing going to be temporary?

Flash

Re: Phoenix Crossroads show, April 16-18

Post by Flash »

No one knows if it would be temporary or not but since they never did it before and it's been a while since there was a Phoenix Fairgrounds show, I'd guess it's gonna be a one and done.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

I called and confirmed it with their office....

MASKS are O P T I O N A L !!!!

We can breathe again.....
Lwstarks

Post by Lwstarks »

Does anyone know if J and G is supposed to be there?
QuietM4

Post by QuietM4 »

No J&G. No masks....I think I saw 5 people wearing masks...and those idiots were wearing them below their nose, so super helpful.

Went there this afternoon, Friday. It's all outdoors; they basically took half of the parking lot directly south of the Ice House, put up 10x10 tents for everyone, along with some of the huge tents in the middle. If you went to the last SAR Show, it's the same type of setup; nothing "indoors".

Ammo prices were insane. Least expensive 9mm I saw was at Miwall...re-manufactured 9mm for $900/1k. Single boxes of 9mm (50rds) were priced at $40 and up...mostly *up. Wolf brass cased 5.56 was $950, least expensive I saw.

Line for Miwall was 50-75 people deep...but no line for the reloading side! Prices are still insane, but Miwall had the cheapest. I picked up 1K of Winchester small pistol primers for $157, 1lb of CFE Pistol for $38. Those prices were indicative of all their powder/primers.

Definitely more smaller booths selling boxes of ammo than I have seen for a while...INSANE prices. One guy was asking $250 for 1K CCI bench rest small rifle primers. Most of the powder jugs I looked at started at $65 for 1 lb...most 1lb bottles of whatever were going for $100. One guy I talked to had 1lb of Tite Group for $200....lol.

Gun prices are going up, also. You are definitely NOT going to find any deals at gun shows for a LONG time.
hudsguns

Post by hudsguns »

@QuietM4 - thanks, you just saved me an afternoon of frustration! I went to show in QueenCreek last month to supplement ammo stock with some MiWall reman, and glad I did since they have increased the price; $900/1k for 9mm is pure crazy!
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

Yup, you can forget about ammo, but there was a few deals to be had on both new and used guns.
Just depends on what you're looking for. Ran into three acquaintances and BS'ed a bit with each of them. Got my exercise in, LOL. Good times.
vtachrn

Post by vtachrn »

Went to the gun show today. Nothing new that anyone else has not reported. Just to add to how expensive things were, a guy was selling 5 lbs of "lead" ingots for $20. No description of the lead composition, alloy, zinc composition, hardness etc. When asked, I just got a shrug and "melted wheel weights".... Holy crap man, at least have an idea of what you are selling.

A pack of 100 primers was $30. 22 bricks were about $80-120. The line on Saturday for Milmaw looked like a soviet bread line at least 100 people deep. No thanks, ill pass.

It looked like anything even remotely associated with a gun was priced through the roof. Not a whole lot of gun sale transactions going on.

It was worth it just get out of the house for the day to go people watching and get sun burnt.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

"Celeb" sightings at show.
Sheriff Joe was there signing his books. I gave him my sympathies on the
death of his Mrs. Poor old law-dog didn't look good. I wish him well.

The Husband-Polygamist of reality show "Sister Wives" was there, selling
some nice gats. He was wearing a mask, but he happened to be recognized,
and posed for a selfie with some fans.
rbking

Post by rbking »

Years back when I owned Mosin-Nagant rifles, bought a bunch of military corrosive ammo to shoot. Hot machine gun ammo. Made my eyes water, when shooting it in the M-44 folding bayonet carbines. Couldn't even give it away.

To make a long story short, sold every box of it at the show. Only bad part, was hauling it in from the parking lot. Didn't think it would sell, silly me. Appears that anything that went bang, had a willing buyer.
AZ Husker

Post by AZ Husker »

Last fairgrounds show I went to became my last. After paying a week's worth of groceries to park and get in, I remembered why it had been so long since I attended. After seeing pitiful looking Arpaio (that's when he was announcing yet another run for Sheriff) shilling his books for sale he also had a donation jar clearly marked on his table! I went outside to find $8 hot dogs and $12 draft beer. Never again!
792mauser

Post by 792mauser »

Made out fairly well.
Found a Winchester 1904 22 short and long for $85
A fine condition Winchester 67 22lr for $185
And a German GECO "original carbiner" 22lr for the princely sum of $40

Nothing that was "in demand" so I wasn't competing with anyone.

And encountered a angry commie-fornian that wasn't allowed to buy a handgun. I just laughed and carried my loot past.