CCML evening match, 16 April, BASF

This is the forum to use to discuss formal, scheduled events. Please include plenty of details.
blasternaz
ArizonaShooting.org Member

CCML evening match, 16 April, BASF

Post by blasternaz »

Yep, it's that time again! By popular request, this month we're going to focus on revolvers. Yes, those antiques. If you don't have one, I'm sure there will be some for you to try. From little pocket guns to big boomers, this should be a great match! Be careful of them ol' farts, though. They know how to shoot double action!

We will have the usual stages as well, so bring what you carry or what you need to "refresh" on. Hope to see you all there! BASF Practical range, bay C and D.

L. Mike

VP, CCML

smithers599

Re: CCML evening match, 16 April, BASF

Post by smithers599 »

Start time?
blasternaz

Post by blasternaz »

1700ish, with setup and feeding to follow. Actual shooting probably starts around 1900 and runs to 2200. Call me when you're at the gate.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Would love to blow the cobwebs off the revolvers. Will try to make it.
blasternaz

Post by blasternaz »

Had a great match! Lots of revo's, lots of steel, some paper for sight in's and great people! Thanks to all for helping clean up!
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

It was, to coin a phrase, a "blast." Knowing the evening would focus on revolvers, I took a .357 and a .44, and did not waste time with "Specials." I lit up the night sky with the flamethrowers, and it was jolly, joyous fun.

Lots of congenial folks, eager to help out. One gent was shooting a Webley, modified to shoot .45 Auto Rim. He invited me shoot it, and even with the 12-pound double action trigger pull, I went six for six on steel plates. That revolver is 104 years old, and would still be a formidable weapon in a gunfight. Those early 20th Century boyos knew how to design weapons.

Anyway, 3rd Saturday of every month at Ben Avery Practical Pistol ranges. Check it out sometime.