How do you store your ammo?

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
xerts1191
ArizonaShooting.org Member

Re: How do you store your ammo?

Post by xerts1191 »

The pic looks impressive either way dogslayer!

fredcdobbs

Post by fredcdobbs »

Keep my half box of 20 gauge shells in the cabinet below the kitchen sink, and my almost full medicine bottle of .22s in the medicine cabinet.
musicman10_1

Post by musicman10_1 »

I keep factory ammo in boxes and put that into metal ammo cans. My plinking and general use reloads go into plastic MTM cans loose. I have some shelves, but they sag under the weight and so I'm not sure which direction to go with regard to the storing the ammo cans.
BananaHands

Post by BananaHands »

I store mine in ammo cans on a heavy duty wire rack that I’ve placed inside of a melamine cabinet. I drilled holes in the bottom of the cabinet so that the legs of the shelves sit directly on the concrete floor. That way the relatively weak cabinet isn’t supporting any weight, it just keeps prying eyes away and the hasp lock keeps my kids out.
Old Jeff H
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Old Jeff H »

Like a lot of others, in their boxes and then inside ammo cans. I recently had a water heater leak that sprayed down all my shelving. Fortunately, everything was well protected and unharmed.
mtptwo

Post by mtptwo »

Some ammo cans for the loose stuff. Original packaging for the rest. Water and humidity won't be a problem with the AC running most of the time.
Robidouxs
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Robidouxs »

I prefer having ammo cans organized on shelves. In the past I used to just stack the ammo cans on each other but then I noticed I started ignoring and dreading trying to retrieve ammo from the ammo can at the bottom of the stack. The problem for me was finding a metal shelf that could support the weight and without having a ridiculously large footprint. I ended up going with a Craftsman shelf. This shelf has made retrieving ammo cans so much faster and safer than before.