FFL in East East Mesa

If it doesn't fit the topic in any of the other forums, and is firearm-related, put it here!
Boriqua
ArizonaShooting.org Member

FFL in East East Mesa

Post by Boriqua »

My very favorite receiving FFL, Area 15, no longer does FFL transfers. Bummer I have used them for years and through three locations.

Be that as it may .. it cramps my gun acquisition MOjo.

I am near Broadway and S Ellsworth in East Mesa. I wont use AJI. Are there any other FFL's within say 20 miles that will do transfers for online gun purchases preferably for about $20 if that is still a thing. Closer would certainly be better but 20 miles out is not so bad.
Alex

Jack Dupp

Re: FFL in East East Mesa

Post by Jack Dupp »

Alex, I'll give you my honey hole FFL for transfers if you promise to post on here more again....

Here's hoping you honor the deal:
Gibbz Arms on McDowell near Recker. $10 transfers!
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

Jack Dupp wrote: August 20th, 2022, 9:43 am Alex, I'll give you my honey hole FFL for transfers if you promise to post on here more again....

Here's hoping you honor the deal:
Thank you brother so very much for the lead !! Have a new toy that is tickling the edge of my brain that I might need to scratch.... but i gotta figure out how to get it here!
MarkItZero

Post by MarkItZero »

Word to the wise, if you want to keep your gun numbers down but your money numbers up do not join Reddit and follow the gundeals sub. That coupled with a guy who does cheap transfers can be interesting. Ask me how I know.
Winmagbill

Post by Winmagbill »

East Valley Tactical now open at the Mr. Silencer location.

AllArms, home based ffl

Black Metal firearms, down by Ted's, $15
MTURBO

Post by MTURBO »

Why wont you use AJI? I would like to know if it could possibly save me future problems.
Tenring

Post by Tenring »

Adam @ Elite Arms is a great guy, home based FFL, will meet at convenient locations.

https://elitearmsusa.com/

From his site
"If you have a valid Arizona CCW, are current or former military or law enforcement the above fees are $10"
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

MTURBO wrote: August 20th, 2022, 2:40 pm Why wont you use AJI? I would like to know if it could possibly save me future problems.
Everyone has their own tolerance level for bad customer service. I was excited when I first moved out here to have AJI so close. I can be there from my driveway in 10 minutes. I had tried to purchase a gun there .. left without one and twice used them for FFL transfers. Both times leaving me wanting to the point that I spent the last 4-5 years paying $5 more and traveling twice the distance in order to use Area 15 for transfers and even bought guns "Locally" at Tombstone tactical rather than use AJI. YMMV but I wont use them if they had the last box of ammo in AZ. On top of it all .. now AJI is charging $30 for a transfer. Trust me ... for the level of service .. its not worth it. Give your money to someone that tries to earn it.

If you want the details you can certainly PM me but for me some semblance of professional customer service is needed to get my hard won few dollars.

Ton of shops in AZ even if I dont know them all and I have to come to the community for guidance. No reason to put up with shitty customer service.
Last edited by Boriqua on August 21st, 2022, 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

Alex, customer service is gone, much like common sense and respect, times have changed not for the good, hate to say it, but have moved a lot of my biz due to customer service being ugly, and i'm quite vocal about it, when unhappy, and again quite vocal when real happy and share the experience with those that need ''that service''
oh well, i'm retiring in the next couple weeks, and going to be so glad i do not have to worry about the future idiots of biz.
rj
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

With that out of the way... There is an HK p30 in 40S&W that is calling my name!! I found one but first ... I have to sell off most of my blood to justify the purchase price and second .. I gotta get it here and find the FFL that will receive it so THANK YOU everyone for your recommendations!
Boriqua

Post by Boriqua »

knockonit wrote: August 21st, 2022, 8:31 am Alex, customer service is gone, much like common sense and respect, times have changed not for the good, hate to say it, but have moved a lot of my biz due to customer service being ugly, and i'm quite vocal about it, when unhappy, and again quite vocal when real happy and share the experience with those that need ''that service''
oh well, i'm retiring in the next couple weeks, and going to be so glad i do not have to worry about the future idiots of biz.
rj
It is really a shame. One of the things both the wife and I were taken back by when we first came out here some 17 years ago was the warmth and smile by store owners and employees. Big change for us. Like you I am funny about who I give hard won cash to. When I find someone great .. I am loyal to a fault. Its a shame .. Civility is going or gone. Glad I am an old dude.
the1_roadrunner

Post by the1_roadrunner »

Jack Dupp wrote: August 20th, 2022, 9:43 am
This, Gibbz Arms (480) 458-7374. North side of McDowell, east of Higley.
They're good to go with $10 Transfers. I know because I work next door. BTW, They make side charging AR receivers.

5456 E McDowell Rd, Mesa, AZ 85215
Drmark
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter
ArizonaShooting.org Silver Supporter

Post by Drmark »

Just did 3 transfers at AJI for $30.
Manitu

Post by Manitu »

I never got over AJI after the 2008 ammo shortage. People would buy their "limit" elsewhere then off to sell to AJI. The most egregious ammo gouge I ever encounted, the end. If you did not hit the few retailers with regular ammo but limits at opening time to get in line then no chance two hours after opening. It was all grabbed up and hoarded or sold to gun stores.
pneuby

Post by pneuby »

I will say this about AJI. Your level of service is heavily dependent upon which employee you get to help you. Hint: If you have to ask for their help, that's probably one of the ones you'd rather not assist you, LOL.

Your best bet is the tall bearded young gent who has the non-tradtional name of R.H. Next, the middle-aged guy, slight-of-build, that wears glasses. Think of a high-school guidance counselor, or an I/T type of guy, LOL. He's great, also. I can't forget lovely young lady with the long hair, owner's daughter-in-law. That's your top-three for a pleasant experience.