What Can We All Learn From This?

This is the place to post your news and reviews on anything that's firearm related (rifles, magazines, ammo, barrels, holsters, training classes, optics, etc). Please try to make the reviews as thorough as possible and include pictures, or links to pictures if possible, as well as price(s). Some syndicated content will go here as well.
Pale Rider
ArizonaShooting.org Member

What Can We All Learn From This?

Post by Pale Rider »

xerts1191

Re: What Can We All Learn From This?

Post by xerts1191 »

They were super stupid?
mrbogangles

Post by mrbogangles »

Context is everything.

The mob mentality is taking over.
knockonit

Post by knockonit »

I'd say there is most likely a whole lot that isn't known. jmo though
gunsnboobs

Post by gunsnboobs »

People getting tired of black this, black that and racists are white getting shoved down our throat?
SecretV

Post by SecretV »

We learn that legally right doesn't mean protection for prosecution and persecution. Many of the news outlets are editing out the entire interaction or failing to mention that the couple's kids where in the vehicle.

Here is the video for context.

She attempted to retreat.
She attempted to deescalate initially by remaining quiet.
She tried to apologize.
They prevented her egress by getting behind her vehicle.
Her children were in the vehicle.
She requested her partner call the police. (He failed) This often happens in good uses of weapons or altercations where the first person to call the police gets to control the narrative.
She created space when it was clear that the other person wouldn't leave.
Once the opportunity arose a second time to leave the situation they chose to do so.

Given the current socio-political situation the optics will look bad regardless. If I tried to get out of an altercation where I had my kids in the car and I was being prevented from doing so after attempting deescalation. I would probably start progressing through my spectrum of force. Even when police aren't demoralized and refusing to respond to calls it still takes minutes for them to respond when seconds count. At the end of the day my job is to get home to my family or make sure my family gets home. It only looks stupid or bad because they didn't allow a potential outcome to play out. Do they wait for the mob? Do they wait for the other people to come back with weapons? Maybe they wait and something happens, but the cops get there in time. Maybe they wait and something happens but the cops don't arrive in time. Maybe they wait and nothing happens and everyone walks away. Do you take that chance? I'm not sure I would. I wouldn't call you wrong either for hoping that cooler heads prevail and nothing happens.
Crippledtrigger

Post by Crippledtrigger »

Stupid all around. Super stupid to present a gun into such a situation.
SecretV

Post by SecretV »

Crippledtrigger wrote: July 5th, 2020, 3:51 pm Stupid all around. Super stupid to present a gun into such a situation.
I don't disagree with you necessarily.

We won't know because Schrodinger's shitshow didn't get to play out in all its permutations. I think they had an opportunity to leave immediately when she got in the vehicle and instead chose to roll it down and say something. If I wanted to prosecute I'd probably use that as a sticking point. I'm not a lawyer, cop, or mystic though. I don't mess around trying to throw hands with random people on the street. I've seen a few people get taken away in an ambulance when they get knocked out and hit the back of their head.
smithers599

Post by smithers599 »

Figure if you are going to get arrested anyway, might as well stack 'em up.

What, too soon? :-)
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

#1. Everything today is put into the race bucket. In today's cultural revolution environment, all white people are guilty till proven innocent, and all "people of color" are portrayed as innocent and pillars of society no matter how they act or what they do.

#2. Today, there are people everywhere looking to start something, to get their 15 minutes and get on the 6 O'clock news; playing the victim. Steer clear of anyone looking like they fit that description.

#3. Don't engage in dialog with someone that has obviously gone full on chimp. Ignore and get away from them. If they follow just keep ignoring and get out of there. You'll never educate a moron.

First 3 of my opinion, more to come.
Pale Rider

Post by Pale Rider »

#4. The professional victims have learned that beating on your vehicle is a really good tactic to get a response that they can exploit. Full glass coverage is essential.

#5. Even if you feel completely right in a situation, the unjust "justice system" can still roll over you and cost you a lot of money to defend yourself. Better to just get on down the road if possible.

#6. Just pointing a gun at crazy people is now considered felony assault. Doesn't matter how nuts they act or what threats they make. You can only pull it out when they pull out weapons first. Most people already know this but it's a good reminder.

#7. Chipotle fake Mexican food sucks. Good place to get food poisoning, and attracts some of the lowest life forms on the planet.

Just my opinions. I'm sure most everyone thinks they're smarter than me.
Ajm10
New to ArizonaShooting.org
New to ArizonaShooting.org

Post by Ajm10 »

To answer the initial question..... Do your very best to walk away from potentially problematic situations.....The only people you can truly control is yourself!
baby huey

Post by baby huey »

Not that she should be punished, and hindsight being 20/20, let the Police handle it. If they refuse or the situation escalates, use the car as your weapon. Hard to justify getting out of the car. I know it sucks but don’t get goaded into over reaction, especially if you’re armed.

I also think there’s more to the story
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

What good is a right to bear arms if you can't use it when you're in fear of harm to life liberty or property?

And is there any doubt in anyone's mind, if you change nothing else, but put a blue uniform on the woman with the gun, it's a justified use of force and the real aggressors go to jail?
SecretV

Post by SecretV »

Hunter wrote: July 9th, 2020, 4:50 am What good is a right to bear arms if you can't use it when you're in fear of harm to life liberty or property?

And is there any doubt in anyone's mind, if you change nothing else, but put a blue uniform on the woman with the gun, it's a justified use of force and the real aggressors go to jail?
Earlier I mentioned that they might have had the option to leave and that the husband failed to call the cops. This was incorrect. The vehicle they own has motion sensors that automatically apply the breaks when something is near the rear of the vehicle. The husband also phoned the police off camera.This is cleared up on ASP's video interview.